Wednesday, June 24, 2009

European Experience

MAY European Experience

My experience in Europe for the month of May was amazing and I was happy I could share it with my brother Tom.  As you know the trip started in Italy at The Multistars Decathlon where I scored 7994 and took First Place. We then found ourselves in Lienz, Austria where I trained for three weeks for Gotzis Hypomeeting where the best Decathletes in the world show up at each year.  The world record was set at this meet and I was really excited to compete against all the guys that this competition brought.  I got 10th at Gotzis and was happy with my 8069 but knew that wouldn’t cut it at USA Championships.  Overall it was amazing trip from Italy to London to Austria.  Riding in a Maserati and going Paragliding.  Great thanks goes to Josef Schmidl for all his help with training and setting me up to stay in Europe for a month.  I will try to do this same trip every year because it was such a success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment