Thursday, May 21, 2009

Indoor Combined Events Championships 2008

March 9, 2008 (Second Day of USA Indoors)

After yesterday’s performance I woke up ready to go and win my first USA title. Warming up I felt really good and knew that I was ready to run a fast hurdle race. The hurdle race went really well except at the start. The starter had such a fast gun that I was not totally set and got a slow start but by the second hurdle I got back into a grove and was still able to get a personal best 8.09 in the 60 meter hurdles. The second event was the pole vault, which is usually my best event but today my timing was a little off and only went 4.90 meters (16’ 0.75”). After 6 events I was in 1st place and all I had to do was stay within 7 seconds of 2nd place and I was the winner. I ran a 2:47.49 in the 1000 meters and won by 57 points to get my first USA Title. After the win I was really excited but it only lasted for part of the day because the real goal is the Olympic Trials and I knew I had some stuff to work on.

horizontal rule

March 8, 2008 (First Day of USA Indoors)

The start time for today was 1pm and that was nice because I am used to going at 10am. I have been feeling really good in training and it came out in today’s marks. I began the day with a personal best in 7.11 in the 60-meter-dash which tied me for second place. I then topped that with another personal best in the long jump with a 7.05 (23’ 1.75), which was huge because I finally got the 7-meter barrier and this tied me for first place. I felt good going into shot but only threw 14.60 (47’ 11) which was 40 cm lower then my best but put me into first by 100+ points. The last event of the day was the high jump and I went 1.98 (6’ 6). It was a solid mark but not what I was hoping for. After all was said and done I was first with 3220 points, which was a first day personal record by 110 points. I am feeling good and ready to put up big marks tomorrow in the hurdles, pole vault and 1000-meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment