Thursday, May 21, 2009

Travel to Italy and preparation

May 8th

I didn’t sleep well last night and woke up around 7am, wide awake, and ready to go.  I went down stairs and got breakfast and then returned to the room and did some stuff on my computer until Matt woke up at 9am.  After he returned from breakfast we headed to the track and did a pre-meet warm up.  Then we wasted the day really not doing much in the hotel.  I am feeling good and can’t wait to begin tomorrow.  I start at 10:15am (1:15am pacific time).  So I am off and will let you know how the meet goes.

May 7th

Today was a good day with a trip to Sirmione and having a good shake out at the track.  Woke up around 9am and got breakfast at the hotel and about 9:45am Barbara picked some of us up at the Hotel and took us to the track to do a shake out so that we could get the junk out of our legs before Saturday.  I had heavy legs but after some running and full sprints to blow out the junk I felt much better.  I saw Joel for a massage and then returned to the Hotel for lunch. After lunch we headed to Sirmione to check out the castle and buy some gifts for some people back home.  Including getting a gift for my mom for mother’s day.  We then returned to the hotel and relaxed for the rest of the day and got to bed around 11pm after watching a movie.

May 5th to 6th

What a long day/two days.  I took off out of SFO at 6:56pm on the 5th and landed in Milan Italy at 5:35pm on the 6th.  After 14 hours I had arrived in Milan and then had a 2 hours car ride to the hotel in Desenzano del Garda.  Upon arrival at the hotel Abergo al Caccitore, Matt Chisam and I then did a 10 minute run and stretched.  We meet Joel Tull a massage therapist for Wake Forest who loves to travel to different meets and lend his services to all athletes at the meet. We then grabbed dinner and returned to go to sleep at around 11:30pm.  I had arrived in Europe and will return to the states on June 1st.

May 1st

Today I was suppose to take part in the All City Meet in Santa Rosa but due to Rain I was not able pole vault.  I was going to pole vault at the high school meet to bring some excitement to the community about track.  I was very disappointed that I was not able to Vault but I will set up to do it again.  I need to thank Greg Fog and HEART and SOLE running store for setting all of this up and being such supporters of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment